The Data Controller
What information do we collect about you?
- We collect information about you when you register with us, when you use our services and when you contact us either by post, phone or by e-mail. We collect information that will help us provide you with a better service whenever you interact with us by whatever means you choose to communicate with us, that could be via the website, email, phone or post or any other form of interaction such as social media.
- Typically, we collect your contact details ( name, address, telephone contact numbers, email address ) as well as information about your property, the projects we do or quote for and any transactional information, including dates, times, products, prices and payment methods.
How will we use the information we collect about you?
- We will do the following with your personal information:
- store and use it to provide you with any services which you order from us and maintain evidence of your being a subscriber to our services.
- improve and develop the services we offer by analysing your information including information related to your use of our website(s) or any other interaction with us
- as a subscriber, either contractually (as a customer) or as somebody who has demonstrated clear interest in our services or products (subscribed to find out more), we will send you information and updates about them and the group of companies and its services.
- If you no longer wish to receive marketing material, simply click the ‘unsubscribe button’ that is included on every electronic communication such as email or contact us to request that we unsubscribe you.
How long do we store and use your data?
- we keep and use your data under contract ( length of the guarantee ), whereas data from subscribers who don’t subsequently become customers, we hold their information for 5 years after registering or initially subscribing.
- We will hold data about customers with guarantees for 5 years beyond the last guarantee date.
- Customers who participate in our customer referral programme will be able to do so for as long as we can validate their information, if you wish to extend your registration beyond the above times please contact our customer services team so that they can record your wishes formally on our systems.
- Once expired data is anonymised or deleted from our systems.
Do we store any ‘sensitive’ or payment data?
- We don’t collect or store any ‘sensitive data’
- We do collect payment method and payment details when collecting stage payments that are included within each contract. We work with a PCI compliant Payment Processor to arrange your stage payments for projects and we share that data with ‘sub processors’ ( builders and sub-contractors) when necessary under strict Data Processing contracts.
Will we share your information with anyone else?
- Apart from our group businesses and the partners or processors that we employ under strict privacy contracts to carry out work for us, we don’t share any data with unrelated parties. Be assured that your privacy is important to us and so your data cannot be accessed by any unauthorised person or business.
- If for any reason we needed to share your data, other than for our group business in the future, we will first ask your permission to do so.
Can you update your information?
- You can update any information we may hold about you by contacting our customer services team who will be delighted to help you.
Can you ask for a copy of the information we hold?
- To see what we collect, first refer to the above section ‘what information do we collect about you?’
- We conform to the latest data regulations for May 2018 and accordingly, should you wish to know what data we hold about you then please contact us as described below and advise our colleagues that you would to pursue a subject access request, there may be a charge depending on the circumstances.
- do not wish to receive marketing material; or
- wish to update your personal information or request access to it: or
- have any other queries or requests about our processing of your personal information, please contact us at enquiries@A1-lofts.co.uk
Lawful basis for ‘processing your data’
We process personal information on the following bases:
- Customers are processed on a contractual basis as they have guarantees for products and services and they have contractual agreements with us. This will continue to be the case until 10 years after the last guarantee expires unless they request to be removed and data deleted.
- Enquirers and subscribers who have not purchased and so not under contract are processed under the Privacy and Electronic Communication regulations for ‘soft opt-in’ rules. By giving us their details, they are giving us permission to use those details to make contact with them.
- More recent subscribers will have been also offered the opportunity to consent to their data being processed and to receive marketing material.
- Any customer or subscriber can exclude themselves from receiving marketing material by simply unsubscribing using the facility included on every communication.
Personal data for International Customers
- We are based in the UK and comply with all local privacy regulations, we cannot legislate for any regulations or laws that may apply differently in other countries. Submitting your personal data( in some cases including overseas based email addresses) is done so strictly on that basis and the data of any foreign nationals, that we may hold as a result, is the responsibility of the person who submits it. If you would like us to remove any data please contact us and advise us as detailed above.
Confirming that you are the subscriber
- We provide individuals with privacy information at the time we collect their personal data from them and confirm it as soon as possible either by telephone or email with a follow up contact to confirm that it is you who has submitted the data and to make arrangements to meet.
Marketing to Children
- In line with the new data laws, on registration we ask the customer to confirm that they consent to receive marketing information and that you are 16 or over.
Use of ‘electronic communications’
- We try to use the most popular and convenient forms of electronic communication. This could include email or sms or for example, new and emerging forms of communication such as Facebook messenger. Where we ask for consent to receive communications we are doing this in general to cover all forms of electronic communication- if you wish to be excluded from any, simply use the unsubscribe link on every communication or contact us as above.
How do we use ‘Profiling’
- To avoid wasteful or potentially annoying marketing where products or services are not appropriate, we use various profiling tools to help us select just the customers whom we believe will be interested in a particular offer or piece of information. Clearly, this can never be 100% accurate but we hope it helps us provide information that is relevant and of interest to you rather than sending everything that is available on our website. To exclude yourself from any profiling and to just receive everything, please contact us and advise us of your wishes.
- We regularly review and, where necessary, update our privacy information and should there be any change of use of our privacy information, we’ll communicate the changes to individuals before starting any new processing.